Proud to be serving NAIT, since 1988.
The Nest has always been owned and operated by NAIT Students’ Association, and in 2012, underwent a much-needed major front of house renovation resulting in the larger bar, fireplace lounge, accessible stage, and state of the art keg system that you see today.
As a full-service, fully licensed restaurant, on any given day we supply food and beverage to an average of 200-600 walk in guests. We have always been a sports venue where you can sit down after class to catch the big game on the big screen, but we’ve also been a fine dining venue, hosted weddings, graduations, award nights, speaker series, comedy shows, and concerts! Some notable acts to have graced our stage are Vanilla Ice, Metric, Theory of a Deadman, the Sheepdogs, Trailer Parks Boys, and countless others.
In 2014, The Nest was the first campus bar to be accredited a Best Bar None venue. This program recognizes establishments that go above and beyond industry standards to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience in a well-managed setting. The Nest went on to win the #1 Campus Best Bar None award for 6 subsequent years, including the coveted People’s Choice Best Campus Bar in both 2019 and 2020. Of course, becoming the reigning champion wouldn’t be possible without our amazing team of staff in both front and back of house.
Most recently, the restaurant went through a brand refresh to become Nest Eatery. Although the logo may be new, the great food, great service, and fun are still a part of every visit!
The health and safety of our guests & team members is our top priority, our restaurant will continue to operate with the highest safety standards that you would expect from a five-time award-winning BBN restaurant.
BEST BAR NONE
The Best Bar None program recognizes establishments that go above and beyond industry standards to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience in a well-managed setting. Best Bar None is a partnership between AGLC, the City of Edmonton and EPS with the support of the Alberta Safer Bars Council.
In 2014, Nest Eatery was the first campus bar to be accredited a Best Bar None venue. Since then, Nest has held the title of #1 Campus Best Bar None in Edmonton for six consecutive years, from 2015 through to 2020, demonstrating outstanding commitment to make our bar a safer environment, even surpassing Industry standards!
In 2019 & 2020, Nest Eatery was also awarded the Best Bar None People’s Choice Award, quite the accolade to receive a this is directly customer feedback.
COVID-19 Response Plan
The health and safety of our guests & team members is our top priority, our restaurant will continue to operate with the highest safety standards that you would expect from a five-time award winning BBN restaurant. We would like to share the measures we are taking to ensure the utmost safety for everyone who visits our establishment:
- Our employees will be screened daily to ensure they are healthy and safe to serve you, and no person displaying any symptoms, employee or customer, will be allowed into Nest. Anyone exhibiting symptoms will be refused service.
- Our employees will be practicing respiratory etiquette, stringent hand washing procedures and will use PPE and personal infection prevention measures designed to limit the spread.
- All guest tables and chairs have been arranged appropriately to maintain a 2-meter safe distance, please follow social distancing by staying 6 feet from other guests.
- We are operating at a reduced capacity and will be limiting service to only seated guests.
- Our menus are available digitally and as single use prints.
- All of our tables and chairs are sanitized prior to guest use.
- Nest will continue to monitor and update administrative controls like work setting, shifts, screening and policies.v
- Nest will continue to monitor and update environmental preparedness like distancing, accessibility, hygiene and PPE.
We will be working with Alberta Health Services, AGLC, NAITSA and NAIT to ensure our relaunch exceeds all regulations. We take extreme pride in our performance; we believe it is a privilege to be in the hospitality industry and we will continue to ensure consumer confidence with the measures we practice.
The “Post Promise”
Stay in the loop
Join our weekly newsletter to find out about events, contests, specials, and other important Nest Eatery news.